12/31/11

Begin A New Year


They say that life is a highway
and its mile-stones are the years,
and now and then there's a toll-gate
where you buy your way with tears.

It's a rough road and a steep road,
and it stretches broad and far,
but at last it leads to a golden Town
where golden Houses are.
JOYCE KELMNER
We are spending what time we can outdoors today ...the weather is just so beautiful.  We started with a walk along the lake shoreline to get geared up for what was to follow ...taking down the Christmas decorations.  We got it all done and put away in storage.  Although I love to have all that festive holiday stuff out ...this year I started decorating early, so we were all pretty much ready to put it away.  Of course I had a hidden agenda ...I get to redecorate.

I set up a table on the courtyard for tea.  It is a warm day so we are having ice tea with lots of lemon.
I'm also introducing my newest Garden Fairy to all of you.  Isn't she beautiful?
~~~
May your heart be filled with hope as we begin anew this day
Sharing at
The House In The Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday

No comments: