9/30/14

The two most beautiful blooms this year


What amazing weather we have had ...I love this time of year!

In my opinion, it is simply the best time of year to walk.

On this one particularly cool morning ...I discovered this amazing and brilliant red flower in my garden.  What a pleasant surprise.  I always forget exactly when it blooms so I'm not usually prepared to look for it.

It was so easy to paint and the color certainly brightened my day.  I hope you enjoy it ...just a rather simple piece.

Anyway, these cool days have definitely been a rewarding break from the hot, steaming summer months.  Don't you agree?

It is quite awkward when friends ask, "what have you been up to?" and I respond with, "I saw this amazingly beautiful red flower today."  [then silence]... 

Be kind to yourself today,
Jan

No comments: