5/10/15

Morning Ritual: Stage One

Sometimes all one really needs is a bit of courage to take that first step; however, it is of utmost importance that when one decides to claim that courage, one holds on to that courage for that courage is yours and yours alone to keep and use . . . whenever and wherever needed :)
~jan hale

Do you start each day out differently or the same way?  In other words, do you have a certain ritual for starting off your (let's say) Monday and a different ritual for the rest of the days of the week?  Do you completely change things up on the weekends or while on vacation ...what do you do?

I like to keep things simple so I don't have to spend much time thinking about what to do, yet I also enjoy changing things up a bit so as not to get bored, too automatic so I lose focus on the big picture ...why am I doing this in the first place.

http://mavriklane.blogspot.com

I like to start my day off slowly ...quietly and alone so the first thing I do is meditate.  Nothing complicated and too serious. 

STAGE ONE:  Morning Ritual
  1. Stretch while still in bed.
  2. Crank up my bed to an incline position (head and feet).  Use pillows if you don't have an electric bed.
  3. Lay in bed for 15 minutes (yep I use a timer) instructing my angels as to any particular needs for the day.
Note:  This morning ritual (more than any other daily ritual) was designed as a gift I give to myself.  I'm not a 'morning person' and need special incentive to get my body moving when I first wake.  Having 15 minutes 'more' in bed is heavenly plus my angels need to be given their assignments for the day or else they'll get into all sorts of trouble ...especially the smallest one.

No comments: