12/15/11

Christmas Tablescape 2011


This has been a fun year for all of us ...busy, but fun.

I've already started quite a list of things to do around here for next year and the number one thing on that list is to get better organized with my list.  My husband has started to sweat ...and grumble.

Today I would like to share a few photos I took of my dinning room.  I hope you enjoy!

I consider Christmas to be a time of rejoicying ...a time to celebrate and the one time of year that color is spread about our house everywhere you look.
I love sitting down to a meal where a beautiful table has been prepared.  It just makes the meal seem so much more festive ...special.  Do you feel that way?
The centerpiece will stay out thru Christmas.  If this was the only area I had to decorate in my home for the holidays ...I'd be happy.  I pass by this table several times throughout the day so it is always a fun place to decorate for any event.
Of course I'll add a bit more layering (with the dishes) for the actual Christmas dinner meal.  For the photos today though ...I wanted the colors to show as much as possible.

For my tablescape today, I brought out the crystal candlestick holders, white candles, white poinsettias, and added green apples to help spread the color green that I used to decorate with this year.
I had an opportunity to use several of my bottles for the flowers.

As always, keep peace in your heart.
Oh and ...if you are looking for holiday decorating inspiration...
go take a gander at Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday
and
at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday.

3 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Your whites and greens look so pretty. Those poinsettias are quite lovely.

Alycia Nichols said...

Beautiful color combination! I love to see the bright green used this time of year. The weather often makes it all so dreary out, so a bright, almost neon color like this shade of green is the perfect little pick-me-up! I'm also a big, big fan of white poinsettias. I went with red this year because of the whole color scheme I chose (I surprisingly went very traditional all around!), but white is always my first choice. Very nice! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Tess said...

Very pretty table...the white poinsettias are beautiful and go so well with the green but still certainly say Christmas!